Mission and Description
The mission of Hillside Elementary School, an inviting and supportive community, is to educate all students to be successful citizens by fostering academic excellence, encouraging character development and meeting the unique needs of the learner.
Hillside is one of the largest of the district’s ten elementary schools and continues to draw young families to the Westside Community Schools. A results-oriented school, staff helps maximize the potential of over 400 students. Hillside currently has the highest mobility rate and the second highest number of students qualifying for free and reduced price meals. For complete and current demographic information about Hillside, please visit the state of Nebraska’s Department of Education website.
- All students will be proficient in literacy.
- All students will participate in high levels of academic learning time and have high levels of student engagement across the day.
- All students will utilize technology in meaningful and purposeful ways to create understanding, share learning and increase engagement.
- All students will participate in personalized learning opportunities.
- 80% of Hillside students will be proficient in the area of writing on the NeSA Writing Assessment at 4th grade and all other grade levels based on writing prompts at specified grade levels.