2019 Battle of the Books
Posted October 2018
Registration for the 2019 Battle of the Books will run from October 5th to October 26th.
2019 Battle Information
The 2019 Battle of the Books will take place on Saturday, March 30th at Westside Middle School.
Students form teams of 3-5 students and participate in a quiz bowl-style competition. Even though teams may have 5 students, at most 4 students may compete in any round.
Each team must have a team parent to accompany them during the competition. Additionally, each team must provide at least one parent volunteer to assist during part of the competition. The Battle of the Books relies upon parents and volunteers to pull off a successful event.
Each team is guaranteed at least 2 rounds of competition. Since this is a team event, individual students do not have to read all the books on the list in order to participate.
For the battle in 2019, we will be using the 2019 Golden Sower nominees.
List of Books for the 2019 Battle
- Soar by Joan Bauer
- The Wild Robot by Peter Brown
- All Rise for the Honorable Perry T. Cook by Leslie Connor
- Moo: A Novel by Sharon Creech
- Garvey’s Choice by Nikki Grimes
- Slacker by Gordan Korman
- Wish by Barbara O’Connor
- Maxi’s Secrets: (Or, What You Can Learn from a Dog) by Lynn Plourde
- Towers Falling by Jewell Parker Rhodes
- Save Me a Seat by Sarah Weeks and Gita Varadarajan